The Osceola County Sheriff’s Office created the Juveniles Unleashing Maximum Potential (J.U.M.P.) program to establish valuable relationships with the youths of Osceola County and as a catalyst to encourage positive decision-making. It is a mentorship program that benefits juveniles who have already been involved in the criminal justice system and those who have not by encouraging youths to make positive decisions.
- Improving relationships between youth, the community, and the Police.
- Provide opportunities to develop positive behaviors and habits.
- Prevention of youth from entering/reentering the Criminal Justice System
Intended Outcomes and Benefits of the Program
- Reducing stigma around justice system involvement
- Preventing association with delinquent peers
- Providing youth with opportunities to connect with services in the community
- Improving relations between youth, community, and the Police
- Mentoring by pairing youth and a Deputy, who may serve as a positive role model for the young person and provide a caring and supporting relationship
More information: 407.388.1139 | OCSOOutreachServices@osceolasheriff.org