The EOT process is for out-of-state officers, federal officers, special forces, and previously certified Florida Officers, who may be exempt from completing the full basic recruit academy.
EOT Equivalency of Training for Out-of-State Officers
Out-of-State Officer/ Federal Government
- Worked at least one year, full-time as a sworn officer in the discipline seeking exemption and;
- Received training in that discipline which is comparable to Florida’s full basic recruit curriculum or previously completed Florida’s full basic recruit training program and certified in Florida. Have no more than an eight-year break-in service since the latest separation from a sworn position.
Special Forces Exemption
You may be eligible for an exemption from the full basic training requirements if you were a member of the special operations forces and meet the following requirements:
- You worked for at least five years as a member of the special operations forces.
- You have no more than a four-year break-in service since separating from the special operations forces.
Previously Sworn Florida Officer
- You were fully certified as an officer in Florida.
- You have at least a four-year break-in service but no more than an eight-year break in service since your most recent separation from a sworn position in Florida.
Additional exemption purposes may apply to other situations. Review the FDLE Equivalency of Training site for further details.
The EOT Process