The primary goals of the Agency’s use of social media are to increase public awareness of the Agency’s programs, policies and services and to maintain open, professional and responsive communications with members of the public regarding the Agency. The Agency recognizes and appreciates the rights of all members of our online community to free speech and freedom of expression. This page and all comments posted are regularly monitored by administrators.
Agency administered social media accounts are not meant for comments that do not directly relate to the purpose or topic of the social media website, page or post. This social media page is intended to be used for informational purposes only. If a user wishes to contact the Agency’s Administration or to request Agency non-emergency services, the user should visit the Agency’s official website: https://OsceolaSheriff.org.
- The use of obscene, crude, defamatory, threatening, sexually indecent or harassing language.
- Personal attacks of any kind or offensive comments that advocate unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability.
- Comments or content advocating for, or depicting, illegal activity.
- Personally identifiable information such as social security numbers and dates of birth.
- Material of a sexually indecent nature;
- Commercial solicitations unless on behalf of the Agency.
- Statements that endanger public health, safety and security or statements that encourage, provide advice for or solicit the commission of a criminal act.
- Content that violates intellectual property or copyright laws or posting of material that violates copyrights or trademarks of others.
- Promotion or advertisement of a business or commercial transaction.
Agency maintained social media sites and pages are a public forum. Any content posted is subject to public records retention and disclosure pursuant to Florida law. Opinions expressed by visitors to this page do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Agency, nor the opinions of any of the Agency’s elected officials or employees.