FAQ Page

For anything related to a crime that is occurring now or any other emergency, call 911. If in doubt, be safe and call 911. For non-emergency reports, suspicious activity, or requests, call the non-emergency number for your area.

  • Osceola County Sheriff’s Office: 407-348-2222
  • Kissimmee Police Department: 407-846-3333
  • St Cloud Police Department: 407-891-6700

No. You may make a missing person report whenever you realize someone is missing.

Call the Sheriff’s Office Traffic Unit to request increased traffic patrol in your area. Traffic Unit number is 407-344-5253 and call can be anonymous.

Dispatchers are trained to get as much information as possible to determine the nature of the problem and its seriousness. On emergency calls, the Dispatcher sends the information to a Deputy while continuing to ask additional questions.

All public record requests shall be submitted to the Osceola County Sheriff’s Office Custodian of Records. Any copies requested subject to public record can be obtained by either coming to the Osceola County Sheriff’s Office Records Division, mail, or email. All public record requests are subject to fees prescribed in Florida State Statute 119.07, which may include a special service fee for any public record requests requiring extensive resources or personnel. Including the agency incident number as a reference is requested but not necessary. Visit our Public Records Section for more information


Records Custodian | Michele Distefano
Email: sorecords@osceola.org
Mailing Address: Osceola County Sheriff’s Office
2601 E Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy
Kissimmee, FL 34744

You may obtain information and application packets at the Osceola County Sheriff’s Office Administration building. You also may contact the Florida Department of Agriculture Division of Licensing at (850) 245-5691 for an information packet and application forms.

The Sheriff’s Office only can tow vehicle abandoned on public property. If it is on public property, the vehicle may be towed by a wrecker. In accordance with Florida State Statute, cost of such removal will be a lien against the motor vehicle. If it is on private property, the property owner must arrange with a wrecker service for the vehicle’s removal. You should know that state law has certain restrictions the property owner must follow in these cases.

Because of the potential for damage to vehicles, the Sheriff’s Office does not open locked vehicles. A locksmith is your best alternative. If a child is locked inside the vehicle, call 9-1-1. The Fire Department will send a rescue unit to remove the child from the vehicle.

An Injunction for Protection can be obtained by going to the third floor of the Osceola County Courthouse to the offices of Family Court Services and Victims Assistance. The contact numbers are 407-742-2464 Monday – Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm. In the event of an emergency during after hours, contact Help Now at (407) 847-8562. Once granted, the Sheriff’s Office will serve the Injunction at no charge.

Local background checks on individuals involved in criminal activity that has occurred in Osceola County only, can be obtained by either coming to the Sheriff’s Office Records Section at the 2601 East Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway complex and paying a $5.00 fee for each name or by mailing the request with the $5.00 fee for each name and a self-addressed stamped envelope. The mailing address for the Sheriff’s Office is:

Osceola County Sheriff’s Office
Records Section
2601 East Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway
Kissimmee, Florida 34744

Complete criminal histories can be obtained by contacting the Florida Department of Law Enforcement at (850) 410-8109 or by logging onto their web site at www.fdle.state.fl.us. However, before requesting a search, you will need the subject’s first name, last name, middle initial, race, sex, date of birth and possibly a social security number.

Like all other law enforcement agencies throughout the nation, the Osceola County Sheriff’s Office takes homeland security very seriously. Major advancements in the war on terrorism have been accomplished as a result of piecing together thousands of bits of information received by various agencies and from citizens all over the world. If you believe you have some information that may be of assistance in the fight against terrorism, contact the Sheriff’s Office at (407) 348-2222. For more information, please visit the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

No. However, the information can be very useful if a follow-up investigation becomes necessary.

The Osceola County Sheriff’s Office receives crime tips on various criminal activities on a routine basis. Simply telephone the non-emergency number at (407) 348-2222. If you would like to leave an anonymous tip on drug activities simply leave a message on the Drug Tip Hotline by calling (407) 348-1174. However, if you are pursuing a reward for the tip, telephone Crime Line at 1-800-423-TIPS (8477).

The Evidence Unit is open Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. except major holidays. We are located at 2601 E. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy Kissimmee, FL 34744.

  • All property releases involved in an agency case will require written consent from the arresting deputy and/or the case detective prior to scheduling an appointment.
  • In order to claim your property, please call the Evidence Unit at 321-697-4300 to schedule an appointment.
    Please have your Osceola County Sheriff’s Office case number available and you will need a photo ID at the time of your appointment.
  • If the property is a firearm, a background check will need to be completed to ensure that the firearm can be possessed by the claimant.

All found property may be claimed after 90 days under these circumstances:


  • If the proper owner is not located, found property may be claimed by the person who found it.
  • The property must be held by our department for ninety (90) days.
  • The property will be disposed of after the 90 days if it is not claimed by its rightful owner. (F.S.S. 705.105).


The Sheriff’s Office will respond 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to any request for police assistance. We always have Deputies on the road. We will send someone to your house or business when you call.

Yes. The Sheriff’s Office depends on citizens calling to report crimes or suspicious activity. The dispatcher who takes your call will ask questions about the activity to determine its nature. The dispatcher also will ask for descriptions of the people involved. You will be asked for your name and address, but you may decline to give this information and a Deputy still will respond.

Yes. Calls to 911 on a cellular phone are free. Do not try to pursue a drunk driver or place yourself in any danger. When you call, you will be asked for a description of the car, its location and direction.

Osceola County Jail is part of the Osceola County Corrections Department. They maintain a separate website as well as a listing of all County Inmates. Click Here to search the Online Inmate Database.
Or you can call the Osceola County Corrections Department at 407-742-4444

Cases are assigned for active criminal investigation based on a wide variety of determining factors. However, you can find out the status of your case by calling the Criminal Investigations Division at (407) 348-1150.

All requests for service are prioritized based on the seriousness of the incident and the potential for injury or damage to property. At times, calls of a less urgent nature must be delayed so that Deputies can respond immediately to emergencies.

Child seat belt law requirements in Florida are as follows: Florida statute 316.613 Child restraint requirements. – Every operator of a motor vehicle as defined herein, while transporting a child in a motor vehicle operated on the roadways, streets, or highways of this state, shall, if the child is 5 years of age or younger, provide for protection of the child by properly using a crash-tested, federally approved child restraint device. For children aged through 3 years, such restraint device must be a separate carrier or a vehicle manufacturer’s integrated child seat. For children aged 4 through 5 years, a separate carrier, an integrated child seat, or a child booster seat may be used.

Per the IRS Criminal Investigation Unit, tax fraud victims do not need to report these occurrences to local law enforcement. Instead, they should complete and submit Identity Theft Affidavit (IRS form 14039) which can be accessed online at http://irs.gov

For a statewide search, log onto the Florida Department of Law Enforcement web site at www.fdle.state.fl.us. However, before requesting a search, you will need the subject’s first name, last name, middle initial, race, sex and date of birth.

It is always best to contact an attorney prior to initiating an eviction. However, the Osceola County Clerk of the Court’s office offers an eviction package. You may contact the Clerk of the Court’s office at (407) 742-3500 or go to www.osceolaclerk.com.

It is preferred that a Deputy Sheriff respond to all individuals located within the unincorporated areas of Osceola County who are requesting to report a criminal incident. However, visitors who have discovered an incident after leaving the area may contact the Sheriff’s Office in writing. Mail a detailed explanation of the incident to the Osceola County Sheriff’s Office, 2601 E. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34744 or fax to the Records Department 407-348-3395. A Sheriff’s Office personnel will evaluate your information and contact you for further information.

You can telephone the Sheriff’s Office non-emergency number at (407) 348-2222 and ask for the Chief Operator on duty. If the supervisor is in the office then you will speak directly to the supervisor in charge, however, if the supervisor is out on the road working, a message will be taken and the supervisor will be notified of the message. You will then receive a call back from the supervisor when they return to the office.

If you do not know the employee’s name, the Chief Operator may be able to determine the employee’s name based on a basic description and the time and location the employee was working during the alleged incident. Whether the complaint is anonymous or not, all complaints are followed up by appropriate Sheriff’s Office personnel.

First, report the calls to your telephone company and ask if they can investigate and trace the calls. If you know who the caller is and wish to prosecute, telephone the Sheriff’s Office non-emergency number at (407) 348-2222.

Once the criminal case is disposed of for all defendants, you have 60 days to claim your property.

If your property is being held for safekeeping, the property will be held for sixty (60) days. If the owner does not claim the property, it will be disposed of after the 60 day period. (F.S.S. 705.105).

If you are having someone else pick up your property, your designee must have a legal notarized statement from you authorizing him/her to pick up your property.