How to Schedule an Off-Duty Detail:
Off-Duty Hiring Process
All of our available rates can be viewed at the bottom of this page.
Please complete the Off-Duty Business Application at least five business days prior to the event. You may accrue additional fees for off-duty detail requests received less than five days from the start of your event. For additional information or concerns, please contact the Off-Duty Detail Coordinator at 407-348-1130 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The minimum billing rate for Deputies is $79.77 per hour. Our available rates can be viewed at the bottom of this page.
- Our Holiday billing rate for Deputies is $102.22 per hour for approved holidays. Please refer to our Holiday schedule listed at the bottom of this page.
- There is a four (4) hour minimum requirement for all details worked. You may request services for less than 4 hours, but you will be billed for a minimum of 4 hours.
- The hourly rate will be upgraded for Sergeants, Lieutenants, and detail liaisons if they are required when additional supervision is needed due to the size of the detail.
- Friday, November 10, 2023, Veteran’s Day
- Thursday, November 23, 2023, Thanksgiving Day
- Friday, November 24, 2023, Thanksgiving
- Friday, December 22, 2023, Christmas Eve
- Monday, December 25, 2023, Christmas Day
- Monday, January 1, 2024, New Year’s Day
- Monday, January 15, 2024, Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Monday, May 27, 2024, Memorial Day
- Wednesday, June 19, 2024, Juneteenth
- Thursday, July 4, 2024, Independence Day
- Monday, September 2, 2024, Labor Day
Detail Payment Procedures:
- We invoice according to the Sheriff’s Office pay period schedule, bi-weekly. Please note, you may receive more than one invoice for your event if your detail involves multiple dates that are in different pay periods.
- Employers who are delinquent in remitting payment for off-duty detail services may be subject to temporary or permanent suspension from receiving off-duty law enforcement services.
- The Business Contact and Payable Contact listed on this application will receive an invoice via email within two weeks after the event is complete.
- The OCSO does not accept cash as a form of payment for off-duty details.
- To cancel a detail, a portion of the detail, or reschedule please contact the Off-Duty Detail Coordinator or designee at least 24 hours in advance.
- A cancellation fee, payable to the Sheriff’s Office, of four (4) hours per deputy shall be charged to any employer who fails to notify the Off-Duty Detail Coordinator or designee of the cancellation at least 8 hours prior to the detail.
- If cancellation is after hours or on a weekend, please call the OCSO Dispatch office at 407-348-2222 and advise Dispatch that the off-duty detail is being canceled.
Effective July 2, 2023:
|Type||Deputy Rate (Hourly)||Billed Rate (Hourly)|
|Deputy Rate 1||$54.00||$79.77|
|Deputy Rate 2 (Holiday)||$70.00||$102.22|
|Deputy Rate 3||$75.00||$109.24|
|Deputy Rate 4||$80.00||$116.26|
|Deputy Rate 5||$85.00||$123.27|
|Deputy Rate 6||$90.00||$130.29|
|Deputy Rate 7||$100.00||$144.32|
|Sergeant Rate 1||$62.00||$91.00|
|Sergeant Rate 2 (Holiday)||$78.00||$113.45|
|Sergeant Rate 3||$83.00||$120.47|
|Sergeant Rate 4||$88.00||$127.48|
|Sergeant Rate 5||$93.00||$134.50|
|Sergeant Rate 6||$98.00||$141.51|
|Sergeant Rate 7||$108.00||$155.55|
|Lieutenant Rate 1||$70.00||$102.22|
|Lieutenant Rate 2 (Holiday)||$86.00||$124.68|
|Lieutenant Rate 3||$91.00||$131.69|
|Lieutenant Rate 4||$96.00||$138.71|
|Lieutenant Rate 5||$101.00||145.72|
|Lieutenant Rate 6||$106.00||$152.74|
|Lieutenant Rate 7||$116.00||$166.77|
|Road Construction Rate||$83.00||$120.47|