How to Schedule an Off-Duty Detail:
Off-Duty Hiring Process
All of our available rates can be viewed at the bottom of this page.
Please complete the Off-Duty Business Application at least five business days prior to the event. You may accrue additional fees for off-duty detail requests received less than five days from the start of your event. For additional information or concerns, please contact the Off-Duty Detail Coordinator at 407-348-1130 or email@example.com.
- The minimum billing rate for Deputies is $66.32 per hour. All of our available rates can be viewed at the bottom of this page.
- Our holiday billing rate for Deputies is $78.51 per hour for approved holidays. Please refer to our holiday schedule listed on this page.
- There is a four (4) hour minimum requirement for all details worked. You may request services for less than a 4-hour time period, but you will be billed for a minimum of 4 hours.
- The hourly rate will be upgraded for Sergeants, Lieutenants, and the detail liaisons if they are required when such additional supervision is needed due to the size of the detail.
- Friday, November 11, 2022, Veteran’s Day
- Thursday, November 24, 2022, Thanksgiving Day
- Friday, November 25, 2022, Thanksgiving
- Friday, December 23, 2022, Christmas Eve
- Saturday, December 24, 2022, Christmas Eve
- Sunday, December 25, 2022, Christmas Day
- Monday, December 26, 2022, Christmas Day
- Sunday, January 1, 2023, New Year’s Day
- Monday, January 2, 2023, New Year’s Day
- Monday, January 16, 2023, Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Monday, May 29, 2023, Memorial Day
- Monday, June 19, 2023, Juneteenth
- Tuesday, July 4, 2023, Independence Day
- Monday, September 4, 2023, Labor Day
Detail Payment Procedures:
- We invoice according to the Sheriff’s Office pay period schedule, bi-weekly. Please note, you may receive more than one invoice for your event if your detail involves multiple dates that are in different pay periods.
- Employers who are delinquent in remitting payment for off-duty detail services may be subject to temporary or permanent suspension from receiving off-duty law enforcement services.
- The Business Contact and Payable Contact listed on this application will receive an invoice via email within two weeks after the event is complete.
- The OCSO does not accept cash as a form of payment for off-duty details.
- To cancel a detail, a portion of the detail, or reschedule please contact the Off-Duty Detail Coordinator or designee at least 24 hours in advance.
- A cancellation fee, payable to the Sheriff’s Office, of four (4) hours per deputy shall be charged to any employer who fails to notify the Off-Duty Detail Coordinator or designee of the cancellation at least 8 hours prior to the detail.
- If cancellation is after hours or on a weekend, please call the OCSO Dispatch office at 407-348-2222 and advise Dispatch that the off-duty detail is being canceled.
As of January 29, 2023, our off-duty detail rates will be:
|Type||Deputy Rate (Hourly)||Billed Rate (Hourly)|
|Deputy Rate 1||$46.00||$66.32|
|Deputy Rate 2 (Holiday)||$55.00||$78.51|
|Deputy Rate 3||$70.00||$98.84|
|Deputy Rate 4||$75.00||$105.61|
|Deputy Rate 5||$80.00||$112.38|
|Deputy Rate 6||$90.00||$125.93|
|Deputy Rate 7||$100.00||$139.48|
|Sergeant Rate 1||$54.00||$77.16|
|Sergeant Rate 2 (Holiday)||$62.00||$88.00|
|Sergeant Rate 3||$78.00||$109.67|
|Sergeant Rate 4||$83.00||$116.45|
|Sergeant Rate 5||$88.00||$123.22|
|Sergeant Rate 6||$98.00||$136.77|
|Sergeant Rate 7||$108.00||$150.32|
|Lieutenant Rate 1||$62.00||$88.00|
|Lieutenant Rate 2 (Holiday)||$70.00||$98.84|
|Lieutenant Rate 3||$86.00||$120.51|
|Lieutenant Rate 4||$91.00||$127.29|
|Lieutenant Rate 5||$96.00||$134.06|
|Lieutenant Rate 6||$106.00||$147.61|
|Lieutenant Rate 7||$116.00||$161.16|
|Road Construction Rate||$83.00||$116.45|
- For additional information and questions, please contact the Off-Duty Detail Coordinator at 407-348-1130 or firstname.lastname@example.org.