How to Schedule an Off Duty Detail:
Off Duty Hiring Process
Please complete the Off Duty Business Application at least 5 business days prior to the event. Employers may submit an application less than five (5) business days prior to an event at an additional cost. For additional information or concerns, please contact the Off-Duty Detail Coordinator at 407-348-1130 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The minimum hourly rate for a Deputy Sheriff, whose duties include using the county’s vehicle for patrolling, will be $39.00 per hour.
- The minimum hourly rate for a Deputy Sheriff, whose duties do not include patrolling utilizing a county vehicle, will be $37.00 per hour.
- Holiday Rate for OCSO approved holidays: $52.44 per hour (patrolling) / $50.44 per hour (for non-patrolling)
- Effective 10/13/2019, the administrative rate will be adjusted for non-standard rates & Holiday rates based on a percentage of the deputy rate to allocate the correct amount for administrative related fees. Please contact the Off Duty Detail Coordinator for more information.
- There is a four (4) hour minimum requirement for all details worked.
- The hourly rate will be upgraded for Sergeants, Lieutenants, and the detail liaisons if they are required when such additional supervision is needed due to the size of the detail.
Detail Payment Procedures:
- All temporary employers will be required to provide full payment via check or money order prior to the start of the event.
- Permanent employers will be billed for events on a bi-weekly basis after the event concludes.
- Employers who are delinquent in remitting payment for off-duty detail services may be subject to temporary or permanent suspension from receiving off-duty law enforcement services.
- The OCSO does not accept cash as a form of payment for Off Duty Details.
- To cancel a detail, a portion of the detail, or reschedule please contact the Off Duty Detail Coordinator or designee at least 24 hours in advance.
- A cancellation fee, payable to the Sheriff’s Office, of four (4) hours per deputy shall be charged to any employer who fails to notify the Off-Duty Detail Coordinator or designee of the cancellation at least 8 hours prior to the detail.
- If cancellation is after hours or on a weekend, please call the OCSO Dispatch office at 407-348-2222 and advise Dispatch that the off duty detail is being canceled.