Off Duty Hiring Process – 6/1/2018
How to Schedule an Off Duty Detail:
- New Off Duty Employers: Contact the Off-Duty Detail Clerk at 407-348-1130 or firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information on how to register and request off duty detail services.
- Established Off Duty Employers can use the following link to request off duty detail services:
- The minimum hourly rate for a Deputy Sheriff, whose duties include using the county’s vehicle for patrolling, will be $39.00 per hour.
- The minimum hourly rate for a Deputy Sheriff, whose duties do not include patrolling utilizing a county vehicle, will be $37.00 per hour.
- Holiday Rate $51.50 per hour/ $49.50 per hour (for non-patrolling)
- There is a four (4) hour minimum requirement for all details worked.
- The hourly rate will be upgraded for Sergeants, Lieutenants and detail liaisons, if they are required, when such additional supervision is required due to the size of the detail.
Detail Process/Important Information for Off Duty Detail Employers:
- From the time your application is received, it could take up to five (5) business days to finalize the request. The complexity of the job and specific requests of the employer will dictate the amount of time needed to complete the assessment.
- No off-duty job will be authorized if a potential employer places any restrictions of race, color, gender, or national origin.
- It is also a violation of Sheriff’s Office policy for deputies working the detail to accept gifts, gratuities, bonuses, tips or merchandise in any form.
- The Off Duty Detail Coordinator in conjunction with the affected Patrol Division Captain or their designee shall review and approve or deny all off duty detail requests. The Patrol Division Captain or sworn employee reviewing the application has the authority to require a minimum number of deputies to any job.
- Agency personnel engaged in off-duty employment are covered by the provisions of the agency’s Workers Compensation Plan or liability provisions of the agency’s insurance program when they are engaged in law enforcement related actions.
- Please understand that deputies perform off-duty services on a voluntary basis. There is no requirement they work on their off time and they are still governed by agency policies while working off-duty for you.
- The Osceola County Sheriff’s Office (OCSO) oversees all off-duty employment and will become involved in matters as deemed necessary.
Detail Payment Procedures:
- Electronic payment via Credit Card or ACH/Check is required for all off duty detail services. There is a 7% surcharge for Credit Card payment or a 6% surcharge for ACH/check payments. The surcharges are the processing fees.
- The OCSO does not accept cash as a form of payment for Off Duty Details.
- To cancel a detail, a portion of a detail or reschedule please contact the Off Duty Detail Coordinator or designee at least 24 hours in advance. Cancellation can also be made electronically through the Detail Kommander system.
- A cancellation fee, payable to the Sheriff’s Office, of four (4) hours per deputy shall be charged to any employer who fails to notify the Off-Duty Detail Coordinator or designee of the cancellation at least 8 hours prior to the detail.
- If cancellation is after hours or on a weekend, please call OCSO Dispatch office at 407-348-2222 and advise Dispatch that the off duty is detail being cancelled.
For further information, please contact the Off Duty Detail Coordinator at 407-348-1130 or email@example.com