Property Return

Property Return
Osceola County Sheriff’s Office
2601 E. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy.
Kissimmee, Fl 34744

Evidence Return Information

If your Property was taken as evidence pertaining to a crime, our Evidence Specialists will not be able to return those items to you until the case has been researched and approval has been granted to return the property either by the deputy, detective, or State Attorney’s Office. This process can take 10-14 business days.

We will need to conduct a criminal history report before releasing any firearm(s). The report is run through the Firearms Eligibility System, which is run by FDLE. We will need the Osceola County Sheriff’s Office incident number about your case, your full name, date of birth, place of birth, and place of residency. We must receive a report approving you are permitted to legally possess a firearm. It could take 10-14 business days for the report to return.

Lost property
If you previously lost an item, you can contact the Property and Evidence section, 321-697-4300, to speak with an Evidence Specialist to see if your property was found and turned in. Once ownership is established, the Evidence Specialist will set up an appointment for you to pick up your property. Recovered/Stolen Property If you have an item that was previously stolen and is now in possession of the Evidence Unit, please get in touch with the detective assigned to your case. The detective will establish ownership of the item and inform the Evidence Unit when the item is approved to be released. Once the Evidence Unit receives the approval, an appointment can be set to retrieve your items. Please get in touch with the Evidence Unit at 321-697-4300 Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.

How long is the property held?
Different types of property are held for various lengths of time. For instance, found property is held for 90 days unless it is claimed by the owner. Evidence items are held until they are no longer needed for trial or the statute of limitations expires. The statute of limitations may vary depending on the seriousness of the crime. Additionally, some items can be released according to a court order or authorization from the State Attorney’s Office.

Can someone other than myself pick up my property for me?
Yes. You may assign another person to retrieve your property with a notarized authorization letter and photo identification. The letter must be addressed to the Osceola County Sheriff’s Office and include your case number, the name of the person you are granting authority, your signature, and a Notary stamp and signature.

Can I get my property back if I am a minor?
The property will only be released to a parent or guardian who must show proof of legal guardianship.

Please complete the information below. Once your information is received and the items have been approved for release, an Evidence Specialist will contact you regarding setting an appointment for you to retrieve your property. You will be required to bring your government-issued ID.

If you are retrieving a firearm, please include the additional information:


This helps us prevent spam, thank you.