Osceola County, FL – On July 19, 2023, the Osceola County Sheriff’s Office responded to Arlington Inn, located at W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, Kissimmee, Florida, in reference to a shooting. The victim of the shooting sustained life-threatening injuries and was transported to the hospital for treatment; however, later, the victim’s prognosis changed to a stable condition.
Violent Crimes detectives were able to identify and arrest Theodis James and Charles Patrick Chukes III for their involvement in the case. Additionally, when deputies attempted to apprehend Theodis James, he ran from deputies and hid in a storage shed.
Both subjects were arrested and booked in the Osceola County Department of Corrections on the following charges:
Theodis James (DOB 11/27/1984)
- Attempted Murder
- Aggravated Battery with a deadly weapon
- Possession of a Firearm by a convicted felon
- Use or display a firearm during a felony
- Improper display of a firearm
- Discharge of a firearm in public
- Resisting Without Violence and Burglary to a Structure
Charles Patrick Chukes III (DOB 01/24/1989)
- Accessory After the Fact for Attempted Murder