On July 2, 2022, Osceola County Sheriff’s deputies responded to Regal Cinemas, 3232 N. John Young Parkway, Kissimmee, Florida to a report of a shooting. Upon arrival, Deputies discovered a sixteen-year-old victim suffering from a gunshot wound.
Violent Crimes detectives were able to identify the suspect, Ellis Sixto Reyes, and obtain a warrant for his arrest. In addition, the investigation revealed Reyes was in possession of child pornography. On August 17, 2022, Reyes was arrested by members of the Osceola County Sheriff’s Office Tactical Anti-Crime Team. At the time of Reyes’ arrest, he was in possession of a handgun, cannabis, and drug paraphernalia.
Ellis Sixto Reyes was booked in the Osceola County Department of Corrections on a zero bond for the following charges:
- Attempted Murder
- Discharging a Firearm from a vehicle
- Shooting into an Occupied Conveyance
- Aggravated Assault with intent to commit a felony (4 counts)
- Direct/Promote Sexual Performance by Child (17 counts)
- Possess video of Sex Performance by Child (17 counts)
- Transmission of Harmful Materials (17counts)
- Unlawful Use of Two-Way Communication Device
- Carrying a Concealed Firearm
- Possession of Cannabis over 20 grams
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Possession of Control Substance
The Osceola County Sheriff’s Office is dedicated to serving our community and increasing public safety. Anyone with information related to this case or any other similar incidents, please contact the Osceola County Sheriff’s Office at (407) 348-2222 or Crimeline at 1-800-423-TIPS.