The legal eviction process is made up of 3 essential steps:
- 3 Day Notice
- 5 Day Eviction or an Unlawful Detainer
- 24 Hour Writ of Possession
Eviction Process Flow Chart
Contesting an Eviction
- The tenant may petition the court to stay the eviction (halt further legal procedures) at the Osceola County Clerk of Courts.
- If the Judge grants you, the tenant, your request, the eviction is cancelled and you, the tenant, can remain in the property.
- To proceed with the eviction after a cancellation, the plaintiff/landlord must file an “alias” Writ of Possession with the Osceola County Clerk of Courts. A new $90.00 fee will be charged.