Spot suspicious packages, luggage or mail abandoned in a crowded place like an office building, airport, school or shopping center.
If you hear or know of someone who has bragged, talked about, plans to commit acts of violence, or claims membership in a terrorist organization, notify law enforcement immediately.
Information you can provide:
- Give your name and address.
- Tell what occurred.
- Tell where it occurred.
- Tell when it occurred.
- Describe vehicle by license number, make and color.
- Describe person(s) by race, height, weight and clothing.
- Provide direction of travel.
- Remain on the phone with communications officer until all necessary information has been received.
- DO NOT try to intervene or confront the individuals in the situation.
- The chance of you or your family becoming a victim of terrorism remains very small. Let common sense guide you and your family, not fear.
Trust your instincts.
- All threats should be taken seriously!
Take steps to plan ahead for emergencies to protect yourself and your family.
Be suspicious of mail if:
- It is unexpected from someone you don’t know.
- It is handwritten with no return address.
- Wires or unusual contents are protruding from package.
- There are excessive amounts of tape or postage.
- It is lopsided or lumpy in appearance.
If you see any of the things listed above, DO NOT HANDLE IT! Call Law Enforcement immediately!