For Your Children
- Teach your children to stay in touch with you. Have a plan.
- Make sure children know how to contact you and another designated family member.
- Make sure your children know their home address and complete phone number.
- Designate a “safe house” in your neighborhood where children can go in an emergency.
- Explain 9-1-1 to your children and teach them the appropriate use of the system.
- Teach your children the importance of safe communities and schools by reporting any suspicious activity.