JOB DESCRIPTION: The mechanic will troubleshoot vehicles with mechanical problems to locate cause of the malfunction. The mechanic will perform repairs and/or preventative maintenance on vehicle as required. The mechanic will perform road test on vehicle after repairs to ensure proper and safe operations. The mechanic will outfit new vehicles and strips old vehicles as required. The mechanic will repair brakes, repair air conditioning system, perform diagnostic engine analysis, and module analysis. The mechanic will perform preventative maintenance and repair or replace mal-functioning part and any other duties that may be assigned. See Job description in Human Resources for further information.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED Diploma.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony.
- Must not have been convicted of a misdemeanor involving moral character, false statement, perjury or domestic violence.
- Must have 2 of 8 ASE Automobile Technician certification or at least 2 years of experience in the auto repair industry.
- Electrical wiring and troubleshooting experience preferred.
- Must have good communications skills
- Must be able to work with tire changer / balancing equipment
- Must be self-motivated and goal orientated
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
We encourage veterans, service members and their spouses and family members to apply for employment with this agency; applicants will receive preference and priority in hiring decisions.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT
THE OSCEOLA COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
2601 E. IRLO BRONSON MEMORIAL HWY
KISSIMMEE, FL 34744
OSCEOLA COUNTY SUPPORTS THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT OF 1990.
APPLICANTS WITH A DISABILITY MAY REQUEST REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS THROUGHOUT THE JOB APPLICATION PROCESS BY CALLING 407-344-5240.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER