|Salary:||pay range of $43,901 – $68,659 per year|
The Aviation Mechanic will conduct daily routine inspections and servicing on agency aircraft, to include washing and cleaning. The mechanic will conduct periodic inspections and servicing on agency aircraft’s airframes, engines and accessories in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulations and associated airframe/engine/component/accessory manuals or instructions. The mechanic will troubleshoot discrepancies with agency aircraft’s components & accessory systems and make repairs as required. The mechanic will assist with periodic overhauls of agency aircraft’s components. The mechanic will assist with agency aircraft modifications, to include equipment upgrades and/or additions. The mechanic will be required to utilize computer-based manuals, research parts, keep records of discrepancies & work performed and update maintenance schedules. The mechanic may occasionally accompany the flight crews during pre-maintenance and/or post-maintenance check flights. The mechanic will assist with cleaning the agency hangar facilities and equipment. See Job Description in Human Resources for further duties and responsibilities.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED Diploma.
- Must have a valid Florida Driver License.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony.
- Must not have been convicted of a misdemeanor involving moral character, false statement, perjury or domestic violence.
- Must have an FAA issued, current and valid (U.S.) Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic’s Certificate.
- Must have at least three years total rotorcraft field maintenance experience.
- Must be willing to be available, as needed, for after hours, weekend and/or holiday service call-outs.
- Bell OH-58, Bell 206 and/or Bell 407 field maintenance experience preferred.
- Aircraft electrical/avionics troubleshooting and component overhaul experience preferred.
- Must have good communications skills.
- Must be self-motivated, goal orientated and be able to prioritize tasks.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Proficiency with Bell 407 EPMPLUS/PIMS, FADEC M-Term and/or DSS MicroVib preferred.
We encourage veterans, service members and their spouses and family members to apply for employment with this agency; applicants will receive preference and priority in hiring decisions.
If interested you can apply online at Osceolasheriff.org/Forms.
THE OSCEOLA COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
2601 E. IRLO BRONSON MEMORIAL HWY
KISSIMMEE, FL 34744
OSCEOLA COUNTY SUPPORTS THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT OF 1990. APPLICANTS WITH A DISABILITY MAY REQUEST REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS THROUGHOUT THE JOB APPLICATION PROCESS BY CALLING 407-344-5240. REQUESTS FOR REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION TO THE JOB APPLICATION PROCESS MUST BE MADE FIVE(5) DAYS IN ADVANCE.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER