|Position:||IT Support Administrator|
|Salary:||Starting at $44,999|
IT Support Administrator
The IT Support Administrator will provide technical support and customer assistance to all agency users. The employee shall engage in open, professional, and courteous communication with all agency management and personnel.
- Must have an Associate’s Degree in a computing or technology-related field and/or one (1) verified certification in A+, Server+, Network+, or other appropriate certifications.
- Must have at least two (2) years of verified work experience with computing or technology.
- Must have a valid Florida driver’s license.
- Must have the ability to work irregular hours, including nights, weekends, holidays, and work extended periods as needed.
- Must be able to provide 24/7 on-call support on a rotating basis.
- Must have the ability to work independently while effectively coordinating work activities and assigned tasks.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Operating Systems and Microsoft Office applications.
- Must possess initiative and be able to prioritize duties to meet deadlines.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of problem-solving methods and techniques.
- Ability to think analytically, creatively, and independently.
- Ability to perform complex root-cause analysis. Fundamental understanding of the following areas:
- Active Directory
- Windows (Client) Administration
- Software and Hardware Administration
- Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware, and Encryption Administration
- Printer and Copier Administration
- iPhone and Air Watch MDM Administration
- Basic Network and Backup Concepts
- Inventory Management
- Diagnoses troubleshoot and repair hardware and software issues.
- Assists in evaluations of hardware and software solutions.
- Assists in testing hardware and software solutions.
- Develops and conducts new hire training class and user training course
Health, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance for the member paid by the Sheriff’s Office to and subsidy given to help with family coverage.
Free Health Clinic
For all members and members of his/her family on the agency’s insurance plan (Ages 8 and older).
Dispensed at the Health Clinic
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Members gain 16 hours of PTO each month.
The Longevity Benefit awarded to members who have completed five (5) or more years of continuous service with the agency. Beginning with the 5th completed year of service, eight (8) additional hours are added to the member’s PTO balance for each year of service.
Example: A ten-year member receives 96 hours of PTO each year. An additional 48 hours of longevity pay is awarded and deposited into his/her PTO on the merit date.
Members who attend an accredited college or university can receive compensation for completed classes. Members pursuing an undergraduate degree can receive $2,000 per fiscal year; the graduate degree can receive $3,000 per fiscal year.
OSCEOLA COUNTY SUPPORTS THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT OF 1990. APPLICANTS WITH A DISABILITY MAY REQUEST REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS THROUGHOUT THE JOB APPLICATION PROCESS BY CALLING 407-344-5240. REQUESTS FOR REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION TO THE JOB APPLICATION PROCESS MUST BE MADE FIVE(5) DAYS IN ADVANCE.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We encourage veterans, service members and their spouses and family members to apply for employment with this agency; applicants will receive preference and priority in hiring decisions.