|Position:||IT Service Desk Specialist|
IT Service Desk Specialist
The IT – Service Desk Specialist will provide front-line support and customer assistance for the IMS Section. The employee shall engage in open, professional, and courteous communication with all agency management and personnel.
- Must have experience in a customer service environment, be capable of multitasking calls while inputting information into systems for tracking service requests, and have an interest in IT operations.
- Must have a valid Florida driver’s license.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony.
- Must not have been convicted of a misdemeanor involving moral character, false statement, perjury, or domestic violence
Knowledge, Skills &Abilities:
- Must possess initiative and be able to prioritize duties to meet deadlines
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Health, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance for the member paid by the Sheriff’s Office to and subsidy given to help with family coverage.
Free Health Clinic
For all members and members of his/her family on the agency’s insurance plan (Ages 8 and older).
Dispensed at the Health Clinic
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Members gain 16 hours of PTO each month.
The Longevity Benefit awarded to members who have completed five (5) or more years of continuous service with the agency. Beginning with the 5th completed year of service, eight (8) additional hours are added to the member’s PTO balance for each year of service.
Example: A ten-year member receives 96 hours of PTO each year. An additional 48 hours of longevity pay is awarded and deposited into his/her PTO on the merit date.
Members who attend an accredited college or university can receive compensation for completed classes. Members pursuing an undergraduate degree can receive $2,000 per fiscal year; the graduate degree can receive $3,000 per fiscal year.
OSCEOLA COUNTY SUPPORTS THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT OF 1990. APPLICANTS WITH A DISABILITY MAY REQUEST REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS THROUGHOUT THE JOB APPLICATION PROCESS BY CALLING 407-344-5240. REQUESTS FOR REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION TO THE JOB APPLICATION PROCESS MUST BE MADE FIVE(5) DAYS IN ADVANCE.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We encourage veterans, service members and their spouses and family members to apply for employment with this agency; applicants will receive preference and priority in hiring decisions.