|Salary:||$42,999 – $66,991|
JOB DESCRIPTION: The GIS Analyst implements and maintains Osceola County 911 Next Generation (NG911) geodatabase. Interfaces with other GIS professionals throughout Osceola County (and neighboring counties) to obtain reference data and ensure 911 dataset accuracy. The employee will perform any other duties that may be assigned. See Job description in Human Resources for further information.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from an accredited college or university.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience working as a GIS analyst.
- Must have Geographic Information System Professional certification from URISA.
- Must have computer skills to include basic word processing and presentation applications (e.g., Word, PowerPoint) and advanced spreadsheet, database, and mapping applications (e.g., Excel, ArcMap, ArcGIS, ESRI.)
- Must have proficient knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in the research and analysis of geospatial information.
- Must be able to comprehend and communicate fluently in verbal and written English.
- Must effectively speak in front of large groups of employees, high-ranking agency members, and community leaders.
- Must have the ability to research information and to learn and utilize specialized applications.
- Must have the ability to prioritize, plan, and organize projects and carry out multiple assignments.
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of Osceola County streets is preferred
If interested you can apply online at Osceolasheriff.org/Forms.
THE OSCEOLA COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
2601 E. IRLO BRONSON MEMORIAL HWY
KISSIMMEE, FL 34744
OSCEOLA COUNTY SUPPORTS THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT OF 1990. APPLICANTS WITH A DISABILITY MAY REQUEST REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS THROUGHOUT THE JOB APPLICATION PROCESS BY CALLING 407-344-5240. REQUESTS FOR REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION TO THE JOB APPLICATION PROCESS MUST BE MADE FIVE(5) DAYS IN ADVANCE.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We encourage veterans, service members and their spouses and family members to apply for employment with this agency; applicants will receive preference and priority in hiring decisions.