Osceola County Sheriff’s Office
|Salary:||$37,558 – $58,513|
The Finance Specialist will perform routine to moderately complex accounting work according to generally accepted accounting principles, established procedures, unit guidelines, and regulatory requirements applicable to the work. Employees in this job classification function at a professional level to accomplish assigned functions according to established schedules, calendars, projects and programs of the assigned unit. Work includes preparation, auditing, reconciliation, recording, processing, balancing, and distribution of financial and related data, e.g., payroll; general ledger accounts; billing and invoices; accounts receivable and payable; accounting records and reports, any other duties that may be assigned. See job description in Human Resources for further information.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, or an Associate degree supplemented by five (5) to seven (7) years of responsible experience in budget, finance or accounting.
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping, computerized accounting systems, and spreadsheets.
- Preference will be given to those applicants with prior governmental experience in a fund accounting environment.
- Must possess initiative and be able to prioritize duties to meet deadlines.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of an adding machine and personal computer (prior experience in accounting software systems a plus).
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
THE OSCEOLA COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
2601 E. IRLO BRONSON MEMORIAL HWY
KISSIMMEE, FL 34744
407-344-5240 or firstname.lastname@example.org
OSCEOLA COUNTY SUPPORTS THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT OF 1990. APPLICANTS WITH A DISABILITY MAY REQUEST REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS THROUGHOUT THE JOB APPLICATION PROCESS BY CALLING 407-344-5240. REQUESTS FOR REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION TO THE JOB APPLICATION PROCESS MUST BE MADE FIVE(5) DAYS IN ADVANCE.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER