Osceola County Sheriff’s Office
|Position:||Community Service Officer (CSO)|
|Salary:||$34,398 – $48,521|
The Patrol Community Service Officer is responsible for responding to specific calls of service, where there is no suspect information and not in progress calls. This is a non-certified patrol civilian position. The employee also provides the public with general assistance and information, conducts minor property investigations and follow-ups. The employee will complete written reports, monthly activity reports, and patrol assigned sectors. CSO’s develop rapport with the community, analyze and respond to citizen complaints, investigate abandoned vehicle, and remove roadway hazards. Additional duties include monitoring road/traffic conditions and hazards, directing traffic, and administering first aid/CPR and other tasks as assigned. See Job Description in Human Resources for further duties and responsibilities.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have a valid Florida driver’s license.
- Must be able to work any hours or days as needed (nights, shift work, weekends & holidays).
- Previous law enforcement experience is a plus, but not required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suites.
- Must have the ability to maintain records with computer entries, written reports and notes.
- Must have good verbal, written and inter-personal communications skills.
- Must have good team building skills.
- Must have the willingness and ability to speak effectively in front of a large group.
If interested you can apply online at Osceolasheriff.org/Forms.
THE OSCEOLA COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
2601 E. IRLO BRONSON MEMORIAL HWY
KISSIMMEE, FL 34744
OSCEOLA COUNTY SUPPORTS THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT OF 1990. APPLICANTS WITH A DISABILITY MAY REQUEST REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS THROUGHOUT THE JOB APPLICATION PROCESS BY CALLING 407-344-5240. REQUESTS FOR REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION TO THE JOB APPLICATION PROCESS MUST BE MADE FIVE(5) DAYS IN ADVANCE.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We encourage veterans, service members and their spouses and family members to apply for employment with this agency; applicants will receive preference and priority in hiring decisions.