Osceola County Sheriff’s Office
|Salary:||$37,558 – $58,513|
The Background Investigator is responsible for providing administrative assistance to the Recruiting Department. The employee will utilize investigative techniques to conduct complete background investigations on applicants for various positions within the Osceola County Sheriff’s Office. Duties include but are not limited to composing and typing correspondences, reports and other materials, and compiling background employment, residential, criminal history and other data for applicants. See Job Description in Human Resources for further duties and responsibilities
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Associate Degree in Criminal Justice, Business Administration, other related field is preferred.
- Must have a valid Florida Driver’s License.
- Law enforcement investigative experience required.
- Must be FCIC/NCIC certified within six (6) months of employment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess initiative and be able to prioritize duties to meet deadlines.
- Must have good verbal, written and inter-personal skills.
- Must have good time management skills.
- Must have good public speaking abilities.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.).
- See Job Description for further information
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE OSCEOLA COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE:
2601 E. IRLO BRONSON MEMORIAL HIGHWAY
KISSIMMEE, FL 34744
Recruiting Department at 407-344-5240 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
EMPLOYEES ARE ELIGIBLE FOR AND WILL RECEIVE HEALTH, LIFE, DENTAL, AND LONG-TERM DISABILITY INSURANCE AND WILL PARTICIPATE IN THE FLORIDA RETIREMENT SYSTEM.
OSCEOLA COUNTY SUPPORTS THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT OF 1990. APPLICANTS WITH A DISABILITY MAY REQUEST REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS THROUGHOUT THE JOB APPLICATION PROCESS BY CALLING (407) 348-1130. REQUESTS FOR REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION TO THE JOB APPLICATION PROCESS MUST BE MADE FIVE (5) DAYS IN ADVANCE.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER