|Position:||Deputy Sheriff – Pilot|
|Salary:||$48,000.16 – $ 63,207.04 | Pilot Supplement – $5,200 – $7,800|
Deputy Sheriff – Pilot
The Deputy Sheriff – Pilot operates agency aircraft according to FAA regulations, applicable laws, and agency policy while supporting other units/agencies in fulfillment of various types of missions.
This position entails a significant amount of time flying in agency aircraft as a crewmember. The Deputy Sheriff – Pilot is also responsible for performing various other law enforcement duties including routine patrol, investigating crimes, protecting life and property, enforcing laws and ordinances, and maintaining order. The employee will perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor or designee.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED Diploma.
- Must have a valid Florida Driver License.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony.
- Must not have been convicted of a misdemeanor involving moral character, false statement, perjury, or domestic violence.
- Must have a valid Florida Law Enforcement Certification.
- Must have a current FAA Commercial Rotorcraft License.
- Must have a current second-class medical certificate and biennial flight review.
- Must be available for call outs, and work any hours or dates as needed, which includes shift work, holidays, and weekends.
- Flight experience in Bell OH-58/206, Bell 407, or other turbine engine helicopter is preferred.
- FAA Night Vision Goggle certification preferred.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated, goal orientated, and be able to prioritize tasks.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must be able to follow all safety procedures.
OSCEOLA COUNTY SUPPORTS THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT OF 1990. APPLICANTS WITH A DISABILITY MAY REQUEST REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS THROUGHOUT THE JOB APPLICATION PROCESS BY CALLING 407-344-5240. REQUESTS FOR REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION TO THE JOB APPLICATION PROCESS MUST BE MADE FIVE(5) DAYS IN ADVANCE.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We encourage veterans, service members and their spouses and family members to apply for employment with this agency; applicants will receive preference and priority in hiring decisions.