After a violent act occurs in the workplace, it is necessary that an organization return to normal functioning as quickly as possible.
Several initiatives that may help an organization achieve this are:
- The human resources member of the CMT should call victims’ families and express the organization’s sincerity and sorrow.
- Prepare a media statement as quickly as possible and eventually organize a press conference.
- Security personnel should arrange the cleanup of the work site if necessary.
- Employee information meetings/debriefings should be set up by the CMT.
- Initiate internal and external investigations.
- Devise a plan for handling normal business responsibilities after the incident.