Often apartments have problems with auto burglaries. There are several measures that you can take to help prevent this from happening in your community:
- Always lock your vehicle.
- Remove items such as radar detectors, briefcases, wallets, firearms, cellular phones, garage door openers, and other items of value.
- Park in a well-lighted, high visibility area – preferably near your residence.
- Always remove your key from the vehicle and never hide a key. The thief knows all the places to look, too!
- Consider an anti-theft device such as steering wheel locks, ignition kills switches, alarms, or tracking devices.
- Boat and trailer owners should follow the same precaution. Locking hitches are a must!