Good Security Habits
- Re-key locks when moving into a previously rented residence or after keys have been lost or stolen.
- Place DEADBOLT LOCKS on al exterior doors.
- Install locks on all windows.
- Trim shrubbery away from entryways and windows.
- Light all entryways ALL NIGHT LONG.
- Make apartment/building numbers visible from the street both day and night.
- Use Operation Identification on valuables.
- Report suspicious activities to the nonemergency line at 407-348-2222.
- Report EMERGENCIES TO 9-1-1.
- Know how to contact your neighbors.
- DO NOT reveal personal information, or information about your neighbors, to unknown callers.
- DO NOT tell strangers that your neighbors are not home.
- Make sure your home looks occupied. (Leave lights and radio on timer.
- Always secure your doors and windows, even when leaving for a short time.