Schedule an Off Duty Detail:
- Please complete the Off Duty Business Application and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 407-348-1181 at least 5 business days prior to the event. For additional information or concerns, please contact the Off-Duty Detail Coordinator at 407-348-1130 or email@example.com.
- The minimum hourly rate for a Deputy Sheriff, whose duties include using the county’s vehicle for patrolling, will be $39.00 per hour.
- The minimum hourly rate for a Deputy Sheriff, whose duties do not include patrolling utilizing a county vehicle, will be $37.00 per hour.
- Holiday Rate for OCSO approved holidays: $51.50 per hour/ $49.50 per hour (for non-patrolling)
- There is a four (4) hour minimum requirement for all details worked.
- The hourly rate will be upgraded for Sergeants, Lieutenants and detail liaisons, if they are required, when such additional supervision is needed due to the size of the detail.
Detail Process/Important Information for Off Duty Detail Employers:
- From the time your application is received, it could take up to five (5) business days to finalize the request. The complexity of the job and specific requests of the employer will dictate the amount of time needed to complete the assessment.
- Submission of an application less than five (5) business days prior to an event may include additional cost established by the Sheriff or designee.
- No off-duty job will be authorized if a potential employer places any restrictions of race, color, gender, or national origin.
- It is a violation of Sheriff’s Office policy for deputies working the detail to accept gifts, gratuities, bonuses, tips or merchandise in any form.
- The Off Duty Detail Coordinator in conjunction with the affected Patrol Division Captain or their designee shall review and approve or deny all off duty detail requests. The Patrol Division Captain or sworn employee reviewing the application has the authority to require a minimum number of deputies to any job.
- Agency personnel engaged in off-duty employment are covered by the provisions of the agency’s Workers Compensation Plan or liability provisions of the agency’s insurance program when they are engaged in law enforcement related actions.
- Please understand that deputies perform off-duty services on a voluntary basis. There are no requirements to mandate working on their off time. However, they are still governed by agency policies while working off-duty for you.
- The Osceola County Sheriff’s Office (OCSO) oversees all off-duty employment and will become involved in matters as deemed necessary.
- An off-duty detail may be revoked at any time, without advance notice, by a lieutenant or above or the Chief Management Officer or designee, if such action is deemed to be in the best interest of the agency or employees working the detail.
- All Complaints and special requests should be provided to the Off Duty Detail Coordinator in writing.
Detail Payment Procedures:
- All temporary employers will be required to provide full payment via check or money order prior to the start of the event.
- Permanent employers will be billed for events on a bi weekly basis after the event concludes.
- Employers who are delinquent in remitting payment for off-duty detail services may be subject to temporary or permanent suspension from receiving off-duty law enforcement services.
- The OCSO does not accept cash as a form of payment for Off Duty Details.
- To cancel a detail, a portion of a detail or reschedule please contact the Off Duty Detail Coordinator or designee at least 24 hours in advance.
- A cancellation fee, payable to the Sheriff’s Office, of four (4) hours per deputy shall be charged to any employer who fails to notify the Off-Duty Detail Coordinator or designee of the cancellation at least 8 hours prior to the detail.
- If cancellation is after hours or on a weekend, please call OCSO Dispatch office at 407-348-2222 and advise Dispatch that the off duty is detail being cancelled.
- For additional information and questions, please contact the Off Duty Detail Coordinator at 407-348-1130 or firstname.lastname@example.org.